HONEY BANANA MUFFINS

HONEY BANANA MUFFINS

Have you ever had a banavalanche? A mass of frozen bananas unloading from your freezer each time you open the door? Fortunately I have a drawer freezer at the bottom of my fridge now – which means the bananas overflow into the ice cube tray, making all our ice taste like banana.

Which is a sign it’s time to bake something. I toss a few whole (solid) bananas in a bowl of warm water to thaw, then squeeze them out one end (like milking a cow) until their super soft innards slither out into the mixing bowl. But I feel as if I’ve finally hit my banana bread quota, and the two of us have to take a break for awhile – and so I dug out a recipe for muffins sweetened with honey that I made out in Tofino one time, and (possibly because we’re typically out there at this time and my subconscious self is homesick for the place) made a batch.

Ingredients

3 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup honey (creamed or liquid is fine)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 375F.
  • In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the honey, oil, egg and vanilla. Add the flour, soda and salt.
  • Divide the batter among 10-12 paper-lined muffin cups, filling them almost full, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and springy to the touch.

source : http://www.dinnerwithjulie.com/recipe/honey-banana-muffins/
NEXT PAGE: