Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa

Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa - Is simple, healthy, and full of all of those Mexican flavors you crave!


*Whew* we made it through the holidays gang! 

I am always so torn when they are gone. On one hand, the stress of decorating, gift buying, cooking, and entertaining is done. But then again the decorating, gift buying, cooking, and entertaining is done.


Now you can see why I drive Kevin crazy. One minute I want something, then I am like "Meh.....whatever". Last year I told him that we needed to take the Christmas tree down because the needles were starting to fall off (it was like January 10th or something crazy like that), then I sat on the sofa pouting for two hours after it was gone. 

Ya, that's me!

Anywho, after the rich, decadent, sugar-laden dishes and treats we have been noshing on for the last month or so, lightening up things seemed to be a great idea. Let's walk away from the table not feeling like we need to lay down and hibernate for 2 months, shall we?

One of my new faves is quinoa. I know I am a little slow to jump on this bandwagon right? I blame it on the family (which always seems to work for me). When I would mention quinoa I would get this wrinkled up nose face. You know that face like they just stepped in something really stinky? I was like, "Fine, don't be healthy then!". 

Just kidding, I begged and pleaded, and then finally just snuck it in masked with a ton of cheese. Once they ate it and liked it, I sprang it on them that they had just had their first taste of quinoa and didn't all fall over dead.


Yield: 8 Servings

NEXT PAGE: